Connect with Xero
Working with bzTrack and Xero together
bzTrack can seamlessly integrate with accounting software packages Xero. This makes it even easier for you to reconcile your invoices.
Our platform offers a two-way synchronisation between your bzTrack account and your accounting package. This allows you to create invoices, bills and contacts in Xero or bzTrack and have them synced to the other platform.
Xero and bzTrack can be connected from either the Xero app store, or your bzTrack dashboard. NB. You need a standard or advisor user role to connect apps to your organisation.
Connecting with Xero from your bzTrack dashboard:
Select ‘Connecting To’ in the main menu. Click on the blue ‘Connect to Xero’ button at the top of the page.
Sign in to your Xero account and select the organisation you wish to link.
Choose which Xero ledgers will be used for line items created in bzTrack bills and invoices, and ‘confirm sync’.
The initial sync will begin – feel free to continue working while this is completed.
What Happens Next?
Data will continue to flow between bzTrack and Xero with new entries on either side syncing within a few seconds. This will continue until disconnection.
Frequently asked questions
bzTrack works alongside Xero syncing data in real time once you connect the two apps. Some of the great features of bzTrack are:
- Paying bills quickly – no need to enter your bank account details once you’re logged in, eliminating any chance of errors.
- Multiple payment methods for making and receiving payments.
- The ability to perform credit checks on your current or prospective customers
- Automated discounts that can be applied to reward early payments
If your business has a sales or operations team, invoices can be sent directly from a phone or tablet to a customer who can pay on the spot. The invoices are automatically sent to Xero where they can be reconciled by the accounts team, while sales and operations can move quickly onto their next job. Great for collaboration and speeding up invoicing.
Select ‘Disconnect from Xero’ in ‘Connecting To’ from bzTrack, OR by select ‘Disconnect’ in Xero through Settings > Connected Apps.
No. If you choose to disconnect, data will not be removed from either platform, but can of course be removed manually by any user with sufficient user privileges at either end.
- Fees will come through in the same bank statement line as the funds.
- Use the Match feature to match the invoice number shown in the description to the existing invoice/bill
- In section 3 select from the drop down “bank fees” and allocate accordingly.
- Press Reconcile
- You can see a breakdown of the fees, or download an invoice for the fees from bzTrack.
- Xero and bzTrack communicate when a invoice, bill or contact is created or changed. bzTrack will push or pull that data and update your records at both ends.
Reconciliation needs to be done against bank statement lines, and unfortunately Xero does not allow connected apps such as bzTrack to access this information via API.
View our support page for information on how to reconcile fees, invoices and bills.
Data security is a top priority for bzTrack. Our cloud hosting is provided by world-class cloud service provider Amazon Web Services and we have 24-hour surveillance and protection. All data is fully encrypted and always up-to-date.
Our platform also offers Customer ABN and Partner Credit-Checking services. This enables you to have confidence in knowing who you are transacting with on the platform too.
Once you’ve joined bzTrack, you can visit our help centre to find additional resources including getting started guides, support videos and more to help you along your way with bzTrack.